January 2020 donation progress: $182.48/$280 (65%). Click to learn more...
close
Hello! Thank you for using yiff.party!

We hope you enjoy using it. yiff.party operates on a non-profit basis, and as such, all the server expenses are paid by our users. We don't want to run ads or infect you with crypto miners. We depend on users like you to keep the site running, and to preserve years and terabytes of amazing content—some of which is no longer available from its original creators!

Because of the nature of the site, many users are reluctant to donate. That's OK! yiff.party was created so everyone can enjoy the content we host without any restrictions or paywalls. But if you value the service we provide, and are able to, we—and our users—would be tremendously grateful if you considered making a donation.

Donation progress for January 2020

So far, approximately $182.48 has been raised out of our target of $280.00. We're about 65% of the way there! Please note: this tracker is updated manually—don't worry if your donation doesn't show up immediately!

yiff.party's server costs are due on the last day of each month. So, we need to meet this goal before 31 January!

How to donate?

At this time, yiff.party can only accept donations in numerous cryptocurrencies. Please select a currency below to display the relevant donation address.

Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Litecoin (LTC)
Why can't I donate through other means (eg. PayPal)?

Due to the nature of sites like yiff.party, it is very difficult to find payment processors who will accept clients like us. If we were to accept donations via PayPal, it wouldn't take more than a day for someone to submit an abuse report and get our account frozen. Until a viable way of accepting monetary donations becomes available, cryptocurrency will remain the only option.

There are many resources available on how to purchase crypto. For Bitcoin, check out bitcoin.org's page on buying Bitcoin for a list of methods. For beginner Bitcoin users, yiff.party recommends using an escrow service such as LocalBitcoins.

kemono.party

undoReturn
22836287.png (4.1KiB, 200x200) save_alt

I've been working on something for a couple of weeks, test it if you want.
User lookup is not a thing yet, if you know the ID's you can put it in manually.
https://kemono.party/user/22836287
https://kemono.party/user/516462
https://github.com/OpenYiff/Kemono

This seems quite promising, keep up the good work op

>S3 for file storage
you must be high

>>55232
Seconded that, it is better for people to invest their time in P2P architectures instead.

It's down

Well this is brilliant, I've just spun up a VM for it and it's looking pretty good. I was planning on using it to download my own stuff, so for now I might just use the importer-test file. It's only pulling down 9 images right now then (what I think is) cleanly exiting but I'm guessing that's just for testing, although I haven't been able to see any such variables yet (I am a bit of a brainlet though, could just be scraping everything from 2020)
Thanks for all the hard work, hopefully this can be the yiff.party clone we've all been looking for.
Something something if it could import and host yiff.party scrapes, well, I'm getting ahead of myself there. You've done a fantastic job so far, keep up the good work!

>>55352
The server ran out of space and killed the Docker container. It should be fine now, will look for longer term solutions that don't involve saving everything to /tmp

>>55409
ye, importer-test only scrapes from the first page by default for testing purposes. You can change the limit at the counter check at the very bottom, or you can just remove it.

>>55416
Ah, thanks, working perfectly now.
This is seriously a godsend, I was just about to look at scraping YP of a creator I'm about to stop contributing to, this is infinitely better.
Even though most people don't give a shit, saving the comments would be a nice feature to implement at some point, but I'm really not fussed.
Anyway, thanks again for everything. I'm glad YP no longer has a monopoly on archiving Patreon.

load more button doesn't work

>>55441
Probably a database querying issue, will look into it.

Looks cool, would like to see more of it.

>>55441
Same.

What does this do that yiff.party doesn't?

>>55477
It is FOSS, you can help the developer add features if you learn to code.
Yes, instead of dealing with YP's closed source bullshit we can actually build our future, one line at a time.

>>55483
So, nothing then?

>>55483
And Patreon can readily study your tricks to develop countermeasures.

>>55487
nocoder spotted. If you can't code you can't add support for Fantia, Fanbox and others as well, and people can patch problems faster than Admin.

>>55495
same can already be said for YiffParty, it is just that Patreon put no effort into stopping us in the first place because of legal ramifications (see the entitled artist thread)
Any attempts of having countermeasures either uses:
browser/API fingerprints (website's code is public, workarounds are easy assuming they don't change layouts),
browser/API speedbumps/limiters (can be defeated by more scraper machines/accounts, "strength in numbers"), or
file fingerprints (PrimeLeap failed because it has easy workarounds like denoising and EXIF removal)
If you were to say that the first point is an issue, it applies to YiffParty as well. "If it can break Kemono, it WILL break YP."

Load more button fixed, Cloudfront wasn't forwarding shit correctly.

>>55495
There are no "tricks." The Patreon API is publicly accessible and hasn't changed in years, there are command line tools made in 2016 that still work. They don't give enough of a shit to intentionally break scrapers.

>>55477
It's open source. Anyone can fix bugs and add new features and scrapers instead of waiting for me to do it, and if you don't like how I run things, you can fork the project and make your own site. A monopoly is impossible.

>>55521
So someone could add a pixiv fanbox importer?

>>55523
Yes. I myself am adding Fantia and OnlyFans next, but anyone with programming knowledge can add Fanbox.

>>55521
>There are no "tricks."
then why does your scraper require a captcha solver lol

>>55529
You should add gumroad support aswell

>>55529
Fantia? So another case where 99% of the artists uploaded only have free plans imported? Wouldn't it be better to have an importer that yiff doesn't have alongside onlyfans? Or is this because you only know how to add those 2 alone? In that case then it's understandable.

>you can add your own scraper if you learn to code!
>UHHH HEY OP CAN YOU ADD X SCRAPER?

>>55560
I know how to add more of course, was just considering Fantia to achieve feature parity with YP. But if its' implementation will mostly be a waste, I won't bother.
Thinking about Fanbox and SubscribeStar.

>>55569
Neat. Fanbox is the most popular japanese paywall site since it's connected to Pixiv, doesn't have the nigh-useless free plans like Fantia does so it won't have the same issues yiff has with it now where you don't even know if an artist has paid stuff imported without manually checking everyone each time. I'm subscribed to a bunch of artists on fanbox so I can help with importing.

>>55521
>there are command line tools made in 2016 that still work.
Speaking of, does anyone know of any scrapers that grab everything, comments included?
So far the only ones I've seen all grab everything else, but yiff seems to have the only one that grabs comments.

Fuck, I was working on a similar implementation, but I'm really glad we had the same idea with asynchronous scraping. I might implement an offline solution instead (scraping directly from front-end elements) for easier importation.

>>55582
No just put your crap on GitHub so we can all share the knowledge. Also others have already done offline solutions with years of experience.
http://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/ https://github.com/hydrusnetwork/hydrus https://discord.gg/vy8CUB4

>>55529
> Fantia and OnlyFans
>>55551
> Gumroad
>>55569
> Fanbox and SubscribeStar

>>55093
If there aint any thots then don't expect me there

Please, PLEASE no thots

Why would you host this on AWS?

>>55515
>same can already be said for YiffParty,
Yiff.Party isn't open source, so it can't be studied nearly as readily.

>>55521
>The Patreon API is publicly accessible and hasn't changed in years
Countermeasures don't end at the API.

>They don't give enough of a shit to intentionally break scrapers.
They managed to cripple Yiff.Party just from Admin's OpSec fuck-ups. It'd be even more crippled now had Yiff.Party been open source.

>It's open source. Anyone can fix bugs and add new features and scrapers instead of waiting for me to do it, and if you don't like how I run things, you can fork the project and make your own site
For its potential to act on Yiff.Party's flaws, the last thing Kemono.Party needs is a big OpSec failure waiting to happen. It'd be better to vet and recruit trusted developers and rethink how the public participates in Kemono.Party's development.

>>55650
Every time YP importer died it was because cloudflare was improving their bot detection algorithms, not because patreon was implementing any counter-measures against YP. They don't give shit about scrappers, their only move in response to them was the addition of upfront payments so people can't get the content without actually paying for it. I've been working on my own patreon scrapper for years so I know what I'm talking about.

>>55633
Exactly, at least support multiple hosts at the same time to prevent shutdowns, and please for the love of god implement P2P for caching or backup.

>>55650
> They managed to cripple Yiff.Party just from Admin's OpSec fuck-ups. It'd be even more crippled now had Yiff.Party been open source.
> For its potential to act on Yiff.Party's flaws, the last thing Kemono.Party needs is a big OpSec failure waiting to happen. It'd be better to vet and recruit trusted developers and rethink how the public participates in Kemono.Party's development.
"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" ~Eric S. Raymond, The Cathedral and the Bazaar (1999)

>>55719
If that is true then a lot of people in this thread are retarded.

New update, search added. Please tell me if there are any bugs.

>>55738
> please for the love of god implement P2P for caching or backup
Looking into options for this.

>embedding inline images directly from Patreon
Not only are you leaking IPs, you're also leaking the identity of the person who imported a specific post. Those token hashes also expire after a while.

>>55819
That was an oversight on my end, will push a fix as soon as possible.

>>55719
>Every time YP importer died it was because cloudflare was improving their bot detection algorithms
The importer had its share of hiccups prior to Cloudflare's actions, so it can't honestly be said that Cloudflare was responsible for "Every time" the importer broke.

>>55738
>"Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" ~Eric S. Raymond, The Cathedral and the Bazaar (1999)
Shallow enough for Patreon to exploit. Let's not neglect basic OpSec and ruin a (potentially) good thing.

search doesn't work for anything other than "iryanici"
"load more" button doesn't work

So how do we get back to bot scrapers working, and no longer needing to rely on generous patrons for import/uploads?

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.08.58 PM.png (91.1KiB, 1208x544) save_alt

>>56032
Works over here.
>>56035
CUF killed any chance of that.

Finally, someone actually doing something instead of whining. Nice work. Though if you manage to split the community then both sites would probably die...

>>56081
Which is why we need a link system that binds the two sites together...

If u include models and thots then consider me in for donations. Otherwise I aint coming to ur site

>>56135
No and good riddance. I'm not paying to store e-whores.

>>56135
>>56182

Split the site, database, and crypto payment channels in two, so both of you can be happy while not bothering the other, is that okay?

>>56081
>Though if you manage to split the community then both sites would probably die...

Why?

A bit of an update, since I haven't committed to the repository in a while.
The inline image update should be pushed today; sorry for the wait. I've been working on transitioning the entire program to MongoDB which is why development has been choked a little. It's clear Kemono's time with NeDB is up. Data loss issues have happened multiple times, and I am overall looking for more reliable options. It requires a significant change to the existing codebase, so it'll be a while.
Also, Fanbox is incoming, but I need test data. If someone could dump https://www.pixiv.net/ajax/fanbox/index into a Pastebin, that would be great. Need postListOfSupporting and supportingPlans specifically.

*err, i mean someone who actually pledges to people on there. empty data would be useless.

Thanks to the person who dropped the data in the Mumble. Going to start implementing.

>>57119
Godspeed.

who this is kemono.party????

>>57437
crappy yp knockoff

>>57450
More like YP but actually tries to git gud instead of shitting everywhere.

>>56728
>>57119
Please take a look at >>57187 if you have time. This might be a game changer.

File