September 2020 donation progress: $0.00/$400 (0%). Click to learn more...
close
Hello! Thank you for using yiff.party!

We hope you enjoy using it. yiff.party operates on a non-profit basis, and as such, all the server expenses are paid by our users. We don't want to run ads or infect you with crypto miners. We depend on users like you to keep the site running, and to preserve years and terabytes of amazing content—some of which is no longer available from its original creators!

Because of the nature of the site, many users are reluctant to donate. That's OK! yiff.party was created so everyone can enjoy the content we host without any restrictions or paywalls. But if you value the service we provide, and are able to, we—and our users—would be tremendously grateful if you considered making a donation.

Donation progress for September 2020

So far, approximately $0.00 has been raised out of our target of $400.00. We're about 0% of the way there! Please note: this tracker is updated manually—don't worry if your donation doesn't show up immediately!

yiff.party's server costs are due on the last day of each month. So, we need to meet this goal before 30 September!

How to donate?

At this time, yiff.party can only accept donations in numerous cryptocurrencies. Please select a currency below to display the relevant donation address.

Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Litecoin (LTC)
Why can't I donate through other means (eg. PayPal)?

Due to the nature of sites like yiff.party, it is very difficult to find payment processors who will accept clients like us. If we were to accept donations via PayPal, it wouldn't take more than a day for someone to submit an abuse report and get our account frozen. Until a viable way of accepting monetary donations becomes available, cryptocurrency will remain the only option.

There are many resources available on how to purchase crypto. For Bitcoin, check out bitcoin.org's page on buying Bitcoin for a list of methods. For beginner Bitcoin users, yiff.party recommends using an escrow service such as LocalBitcoins.

Ideas for keeping this site alive.

undoReturn
Ashley1577493444882.png (925.4KiB, 1280x720) save_alt

Create a bounty system like exhentai; make a login system where only usernames and passwords are needed (a thrown away email
should be advised in case your password is forgotten or a bounty you requested is completed); bounties can be placed on Patreons and be divided between: requesting a new Patreon, updating current Patreons to a higher term, uploading shared files (including Gumroad, PMs and Discord rewards) and other stuff.

The higher the term imported the more points you earn and the more stuff imported the more you earn: make importing a Patreon give 100 points (just an example) by default and each extra imported post give a bonus for example: 1 post = 1 point.
Each bounty should cost points to create, which could be earned by doing different actions like: making a donation to the monthly pool, importing highly requested Patreons, completing bounties, uploading stuff from banned/deleted Patreons, importing Patreons that haven't been updated in a long time or just importing your favorite Patreons.
Bounties can be stacked on the same Patron and the same action.
But I believe that there should be ways to give poorfags (like me) a chance to win points like: mining https://archived.moe/mine/, uploading terms found in other places, tagging Patreons (more complex tags may be used like exhentai), reporting broken images/videos, voting to approve suspicious shared files, mirroring files in other sites (Mega, Imgur, Dropbox) that are fetched by the importer but aren't stored in yiff.party (1/2)

1672751 - Ashley_(Neighbors_from_hell) Liquidmark Neighbors_from_Hell.jpg (245.1KiB, 646x856) save_alt

This way if some anon wants to contribute something to the donation pool but doesn't because he prefers to get a term from his favorite Patreon now can get a reward by doing so and an anon that updates Patreons but doesn't upload shared files because he doesn't know or is lazy now has a reason to do upload them and rewards that are posted in other sites can end here instead of being lost to takedown requests and lesser rewards are bypassed by higher rewards being available.
I am not a programmer but the only thing that admin would have to do (if he agrees with this) is coding this new system but not spending any additional money, I know that it may never be implemented or in the best scenario it will be available until some months have passed.
At the very least the admin should create a feature so anons that donate to the monthly pool can "sponsor" Patreons they like and be displayed somewhere in the site so they get more chances to get imported and make importers aware about shared files not showing here.

TLDR: Follow Exhentai example and make an economy based in points: import posts, donate, upload shared files = win points request updates, new Patreons, requesting shared files = spend points.
Or at least give donors the chance to "sponsor" Patreons they like so they have more chances to be imported. (2/2)

Creating a login system means more server space due to the site has to know what username is or isnt registered, which also means more money the admin has to spend, which means the month donation cost will go up. Also, having a login system for a site like this would be kind of risky due to how many countries people are from that use this site. Which could lead to hackers hacking the site to get usernames and passwords. And since this sites creator has about as much coding knowledge as a Bethesda game developer, there isnt much hope they'd know how to secure the site from hackers.

but the site isn't dying

Personally I'd like to see expansion to other sites. I've been seeing a chunk of artists moving their art to patreon alternatives like gumroad, subscribestar or pixiv fanbox for one reason or another.

>>57210
How much space do you think it takes to store a database of registered users, which is essentially a bunch of text? Also, to determine what isn't registered, it simply checks if the username already exists in the database.

Hacking is a possibility but it's not that hard to hash the passwords to make it unusable for the hackers. Besides, why even hack this site? OP's suggestions only gives points a purpose for requesting things. There's not much incentive to hack a site as all they will get are some random username/pw and points to request things.

Implying the site is dying, but manages to mysteriously make the donation goal every month.

1856825 - Ashley_(Neighbors_from_hell) Neighbors_from_Hell godalmite.png (218.5KiB, 625x1045) save_alt

>>57218
>>57298
Yeah, it's really weird that by sheer luck in the last day everything is saved by a mysterious donor, but still most good stuff is hidden behind other paywalls (Gumroad, PMs, password protected files, Discord servers) and more and more artists are doing that and finally I don't want to lose this site.
I believe that maybe the points system may give anons an incentive to upload shared files and upload files from other sites like: 420chan, secret Discords, f95zone, even 4chan and 8kun sometimes have threads about leaking stuff, you can see it in 4chan's archives (some threads aren't even about leaking) and the few lewd boards migrated from 8chan to 8kun.
>>57210
To avoid doxing just give new users the advice to not use their usual email, username and password. Or maybe give a random username like in the Xbox. Also thanks to >>57265 for answering the rest.
>>57241
Agreed, but admin has the final word on that, maybe top donors can vote/get more votes in choosing the next supported site.

Keep an eye on KemonoParty at >>55093 and https://github.com/OpenYiff/Kemono since those guys are more likely to be open for suggestions compared to YiffParty.
So according to this thread, we need 0. login system 1+2. harvest and seed bounty 3. reward pooling 4. foul detection 5. reward distribution 6. voting or prioritization
Technically that is a tall order for AshleyAnon here since you do not know how to code, but please think in terms of item transactions, if it is logical it will work in code.

yiff.party already had a bounty system in the past - or rather, it had the framework for one. You got a token for every ten posts you imported or something like that, but the tokens at that time weren't used for anything. It was shafted, along with the account system, when Bui/Dozes (not sure who runs the site now) made the site public.

Keeping this site alive depends on leveraging what costs YP the most money at the moment. The dev can reduce bandwidth costs by rendering the creator pages client-side rather than sending pre-rendered HTML, but storage is probably the biggest money sink right now. Other than pruning certain creators (which was proposed but shot down by that poll) or implementing some kind of decentralized system (no solution currently exists for something at YP's scale), there isn't much you can do.

>>57489
> implementing some kind of decentralized system (no solution currently exists for something at YP's scale)
Some has already proposed solutions like >>34344 but requires tweaking in the software side.

1672019 - Area_(artist) Ashley_(Neighbors_from_hell) Neighbors_from_Hell.jpg (72.1KiB, 608x936) save_alt

I am back.

>>57478
Is everything from yiff.party there or only stuff scraped by the importer?
The links OP posted are only showing the header but nothing more.
If you guys would like to hear more of my suggestions then reply; you may be our only hope if yiff.party falls.
>>57489
Then the admin should only rework that system since it's mostly done and it would be easier to implement my suggestions.
I hope that at least some of your suggestions are implemented.
Maybe images and videos of less popular things should be stored in other sites: like https://4archive.org/ did (to reduce storage prices they stored images on Imgur with a mirrror on Imageshack), obviously we should get a site that doesn't mind storing leaked Patreon stuff and multiple mirrors in case something bad happens.

fb9cfcb9183a63fad91e0a1a39217628.jpg (45.6KiB, 800x533) save_alt

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Time to sell lemonade for site costs.

The easiest way to keep the site alive is to simple donate. Anything system with points or awards will drive donators away. As one of the people providing money but not uploading content, you can be sure the cash flow will shrink if uploaders are given exclusive access to content. If the site starts providing exclusive access to donors, then it's no different than patreon and it'd personally be cheaper for me to subscribe to a few content creators than to help support this site. I refuse to support a payment-required site. If I didn't I wouldn't be here in the first place.

Personally I think the best solution is to release quarterly torrents of the content rather than having a dynamic website, but I'm not the one in charge. The main site would host tiny version of the media to keep the website requirements low and let people know what has already been imported, then the torrents would have the full sized content.

Plus, any award system based on importing just means people will create their own pointless patreons and import their own bullshit content to scam the system. That'll make the awards both pointless and fill the site up with useless trash. So get off your ass and donate $4 instead of relying on the few donators who provide $50 each month. You can afford $4. If not, you have no business spending anytime on this site as you're too busy starving to death and should go seek some food. Bitcoin too hard? No, you're just fucking lazy. All it takes is a little reading which you could have done instead of reading this topic.

Anyway, we've hit this month's donation goal so feel free to continue to waste your time uselessly arguing and don't claim I've never given you anything.

How the fuck did cost skyrocket to $280?

dt.jpg (93.6KiB, 488x500) save_alt

>>57945
You're right about that, we got to pay for the site somehow...

Welp, get in and prepare your insults.

>>58002
New hard drives. See >>54591

>>57973
No one even got anywhere near the concept of paywalling content, why the fuck would that ever happen in an anti-paywall sharing website!? We're talking relatively meaningless-ish or power-user features like in e-hentai, like OP mentioned.

Also if you are really concerned about driving people away from donating, prehaps you should think about how you talk to people. Being this confrontational isn't going to do it any good.

>>58028
> Being this confrontational isn't going to do it any good.
Good point. Sorry.

2507676 - Ashley_(Neighbors_from_hell) Neighbors_from_Hell goodbadartist.png (217.5KiB, 603x1022) save_alt

>>57973
Thanks for the donation, but as >>58028 said I'm just giving ideas and at least is better than request thread no. 419692
I agree about torrents, even if the site falls torrents would stay, I think the only thing that should stay is thumbnails so you can know what are you downloading.

Inspired by this thread >>57934
What if we create a wishlist thread instead of the bounty system?
We can do it as early as now and it will be easier than the bounty system (the only thing you need to be identificated is a tripcode), it's mostly intended to increase the number of shared files.
>How would it work?
First create a small readme text and put it in the same folder with the file you want to share (you may have found it, you may have bought it), then compress the folder into a zip/rar file and upload it to yiff.party.
>What has to be written in readme.txt?
A link to you post on the wishlist thread with maybe a small message like this: Hello anon, are you enjoying this stuff? Then consider fulfilling a wish from my wishlist (link goes here), reply me if you have fulfilled my wish.
>What can I ask for?
Whatever you want; a term or an update from your favorite Patreon, archives from PMs or from Discord servers, a Gumroad pack, your waifu's name (if someone wins a raffle or request art to an artist) even a gift card if you put a throwaway email.
Both donors and importers could also post but they would need proofs and they may be risky to post them.
Hopefully this can work now that the price increased inexplicably.
Also this could be useful if admin wants to implement Pixiv Fanbox https://github.com/Nandaka/PixivUtil2/releases

4 words:
Raid Shadow Legends babyyyy

>>58002
everyone wants 4k picture of furries hentai into the server but no one wants to pay for the goddam server. tbf i only came here for 1 creator and even then he didnt upload frequently

>>58526
>everyone wants 4k picture of furries hentai into the server but no one wants to pay for the goddam server

Is that why we're still here?

>>58526
But thats the whole point of this site...

>>57935
> Maybe images and videos of less popular things should be stored in other sites: like https://4archive.org/ did (to reduce storage prices they stored images on Imgur with a mirrror on Imageshack), obviously we should get a site that doesn't mind storing leaked Patreon stuff and multiple mirrors in case something bad happens.
Please just host it on IPFS.

>>57973
> If the site starts providing exclusive access to donors, then it's no different than patreon and it'd personally be cheaper for me to subscribe to a few content creators than to help support this site. I refuse to support a payment-required site.
We are suggesting a system that rewards do-gooders who scrape or seed good content, where the barrier of entry is lowered. Have you ever heard of private trackers and Hentai@Home?
See >>58028 for setting the record straight.
> Bitcoin too hard? No, you're just fucking lazy. All it takes is a little reading which you could have done instead of reading this topic.
If there are no Bitcoin ATMs you are basically compromising your own credit card or bank account in a normal exchange. Don't do it if you don't know the risk.

>>58465
here are some of my thoughts:
1. A wish list that is attached with server donations may cause issues if it is not anonymous
2. There needs to be a way for us to provide more voting rights for those who donate larger sums
3. It is important to allow a user to distribute the votes in a preferential manner
The solution would be that each donation can be attached with a note that shows a list of userID-preference pair,
and that all preference factors total in the documents is equal to 1, if it exceeds 1 the note will be nullified.
When tallying group preference each user would be voting the amount of their donation, multiplied by their preference.
Each donation note would be valid for 3 months (or whatever time is reasonable) to prevent power voting.
Combine this voting system with another bounty system that can assign tasks would be good, but that would require further research.

File