June 2020 donation progress: $0.00/$250 (0%). Click to learn more...
close
Hello! Thank you for using yiff.party!

We hope you enjoy using it. yiff.party operates on a non-profit basis, and as such, all the server expenses are paid by our users. We don't want to run ads or infect you with crypto miners. We depend on users like you to keep the site running, and to preserve years and terabytes of amazing content—some of which is no longer available from its original creators!

Because of the nature of the site, many users are reluctant to donate. That's OK! yiff.party was created so everyone can enjoy the content we host without any restrictions or paywalls. But if you value the service we provide, and are able to, we—and our users—would be tremendously grateful if you considered making a donation.

Donation progress for June 2020

So far, approximately $0.00 has been raised out of our target of $250.00. We're about 0% of the way there! Please note: this tracker is updated manually—don't worry if your donation doesn't show up immediately!

yiff.party's server costs are due on the last day of each month. So, we need to meet this goal before 30 June!

How to donate?

At this time, yiff.party can only accept donations in numerous cryptocurrencies. Please select a currency below to display the relevant donation address.

Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Litecoin (LTC)
Why can't I donate through other means (eg. PayPal)?

Due to the nature of sites like yiff.party, it is very difficult to find payment processors who will accept clients like us. If we were to accept donations via PayPal, it wouldn't take more than a day for someone to submit an abuse report and get our account frozen. Until a viable way of accepting monetary donations becomes available, cryptocurrency will remain the only option.

There are many resources available on how to purchase crypto. For Bitcoin, check out bitcoin.org's page on buying Bitcoin for a list of methods. For beginner Bitcoin users, yiff.party recommends using an escrow service such as LocalBitcoins.

@Admin will u eventually make a Tor onion service?

undoReturn
updater.png (2.1KiB, 48x48) save_alt

even the furry content will get too big to defend as yiff.party gets more popular among the furry community, will u eventually plan on making a Tor onion service (or even IPFS+Tor)?

ipfs.png (70.4KiB, 1024x1024) save_alt

An IPFS+Tor solution has been created before and has been up for some time so it totally is doable [1]. I also would personally like an onion service for this site as well. One issue with this would be getting people to seed the content on IPFS in the first place. If we want to have any remote chance of doing this there would need to be an easy way for users to go about seeding the content they like in bulk. An IPFS link on each patrons page should be good. With the example I have listed below their doesn't appear to be any easy way to go about bulk mirroring its content.

[1] - http://owmvhpxyisu6fgd7r2fcswgavs7jly4znldaey33utadwmgbbp4pysad.onion/

Oh and I forgot to mention that if yiff.party were to host all of their content on Tor and doesn't use something like IPFS to host the actual content the speeds would be probably unbearable for most users. The yiff.party admins claim to be pushing out 3 to 4 Gbit/s of traffic constantly and that is comparable to the amount of *total bandwidth* that the Tor network uses to handle its existing pool of onion services [1].

[1] - https://metrics.torproject.org/hidserv-rend-relayed-cells.html

I think the introduction of yiff.party will be historical, in that no one has ever attempted to make an onion site with that much traffic. @Admin do the right thing and write yourself into history.

You can even start slowly, with one patreon at a time to test how things are scaling. It would be a very good experiment for you and were it not for my current financial situation i would have joined your sysadmin team in taking this effort.

The Tor network is 100% capable of handling the increase in traffic, even if all of all of yiff.partys existing userbase migrated over to Tor and kept up with the 3 to 4 Gbit/s of traffic (which I highly doubt that a lot will) Tor should be able to handle it just fine [1]. There are issues with this that are lingering in the back of my mind when it comes to hosting all of yiff.partys content on Tor without the support of something like IPFS (for example capacity of the servers guard nodes [2]) but I have haven't kept up with how Tor works in some time so I may be thinking of things that are largely of non issue.

[1] - https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth-flags.html
[2] - For all of you Tor newbies out there a guard node on the Tor network is the first node that your Tor client connects to and sends traffic though. It is the only node that knows your IP address and handles sending your encrypted traffic throughout the rest of the Tor network.

(Also PS to the admins if you are reading this, please please please use an onion v3 url if you migrate over to Tor!!! Yes the url is longer but it is *vastly* more secure than a v2 onion url!!!)

>>78794
Do you have a github repo about how to setup IPFS with Tor?

>>79078
I do not have github repo with a way to set up an IPFS + Tor type image host but I do have a link to the github repo that hosts the source for the onion site I linked above [1]. I hope this is what you are looking for!
[1] - https://github.com/kycklingar/PBooru

I repeat: admin too incompetent to pull it off

File