In this message:
- Let the Summer of Suspension Begin!
- Speaking of suspending... suspending voting for the summer
- Possible new feature: Printing and off-line viewing
- Shifting to monthly billing instead of by-post
Let the Summer of Suspension Begin!
I have published a new tutorial, the first in a series I have planned for the summer: Suspension and the Munter Hitch
This series is intended to give you all the tools you need to begin doing suspensions.
- Attaching the suspension ring to the hard point so you can quickly and gently lower your partner in an emergency. Released today! Link above. :)
- Evaluating a hard point (and perhaps building one...)
- The Shinju chest harness
- The Swiss Seat
- Your first suspension – simple seated suspension (uses all of the above and adds how to manage and secure your down lines)
- The chest loading TK
- A drum harness with extra wraps so it is more comfortable for larger body types
- Your second suspension – a horizontal suspension that can be prone, supine or on the side, using the above.
Speaking of suspending... suspending voting for the summer
Producing all of the above in the next few months is going to take time and focus. And I am sure that many of you are going to be wanting the next tutorial as soon as you can get it. So I am going to temporarily suspend voting for the summer and just work on these.
But by all means keep your ideas and requests coming! As soon as I finish this list, we will resume the voting!
Possible new feature: Printing and off-line viewing
I am also considering adding a new feature, but it will require quite a bit of work, so I'd love your feedback on whether this is worth doing.
A number of people have asked if I can provide a version of the tutorials that can be downloaded to be viewed offline or printed so they are easier to use when internet access is unavailable.
I am considering nicely formatted pdf versions of each tutorial in two sizes: one suitable for printing, and one sized to fit nicely on a phone with just one step per page, easily navigated.
Is this something you would like to see me offer? It will require extra work to produce, so I would probably make it available at the $10 level.
If you have an opinion, for or against, or if you have a better idea on the form of the documents, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Shift in billing policy
This should not impact any of you, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on it.
I am planning to shift how Patreon does its billing. I can have it bill either when I publish something (like it does now) or on a monthly basis. I'm planning to shift to the monthly option to solve a couple of problems I am seeing, but as I have usually only been posting one "charged" post each month regardless of how many new tutorials I post, this shouldn't impact you as a patron in good standing.
As always, THANK YOU for your support!